Going to the beach is a healthy way to have fun with the whole family, or with friends. But, even with all that water, you can still get dehydrated quickly, and you can also get a bad sunburn. Being a beach, shade isn’t easy to come by. That’s why you need to bring your own shade, the best beach tents that will protect from sunburn.
Having your own shade that you can set up easily, and quickly, will make it possible to take even the youngest member of your family along. Many of these shade tents are perfect for keeping the wind, and the sand that gets brought along with it, out of your hair, literally, and not just the sun’s rays. Here are the review of the best beach tents and shelters:
1. One Touch Push Up Easy Setup Beach Shelter 8 Feet Tent Better than Pop Up Easier when Fold Up by Leberna
A cute blue and green half tent provides perfect shade for those visiting the beach. Taller than most shade tents, this can accommodate two chairs easily. Easily spotted by those who have wandered off in their explorations, this tent is also enhanced with SPF 50+ and made from a heavy-duty polyurethane – coated taffeta for increased UV protection. A full day of UV rays can take its tool, these best beach tents are ideal for you to stay long afternoon on the shore by sit inside the cabana.
2. Lightspeed Outdoors Quick Beach Canopy Tent, Blue by Lightspeed Outdoors
This super-size shaded cabana gives maximum space. Spacious enough for a family of six, this cabana has only one side covered from top to bottom. The floor plan is a square 95 inches by 95 inches and almost five foot tall at the center. Perfect for an extra tent when camping, too, or a clubhouse in the backyard.
3. Sport-Brella X-Large Umbrella – Portable Sun and Weather Shelter
Finding the smallest shade tent ends here. This is a large umbrella with sides! This versatile sport-brella keeps maximum airflow going while making it easy to reposition for the sun’s slow trek across the sky. Bright blue or red with a pure white interior, this floorless shader will let your toddler play to his heart’s content while remaining in the shade.
- 50+ UPF protection – can be protected from 99.5% fo UVA and UVB rays.
- Size XL rugged outdoor 9-foot canopy
- Made of 210D Polyester
- Included durable steel screw and metal telescoping pole
- Weather protection and water repellent
- Easy to set-up or break-down
- Item weight 11 lbs and has 8 steel ground stakes and 3 tie-down 8ft cords
4. Coleman DayTripper Beach Shade Best Beach Tents
Coleman is an excellent brand with a well-deserved reputation. That is part of the reason for the steep price tag on this brighter-than-most shade tent. Of average size, this will surely be highly recognizable by the kids who are out playing on the beach, keeping their chances of stumbling into someone else’s shade tent to a minimum, and making sure you’re easily found when they need you. Blue and green are rare colors to find in a shade tent and only one other tent reviewed had the same color scheme. The extra floor provides extra sitting space for eating and relaxing.
- Size: 7.5 inches by 4 inches, 5 inches footprint, and 57 inches center height
- Have 2 zippered doors
- Have 4 hanging pockets inside
- UV Guard Protection for SPF 50+
- Come with carry bag, sandbags, extra-long stakes, handy dry line and floor mat
5. Lightspeed Outdoors Quick Cabana Beach Tent Sun Shelter, Blue
Large enough for a family of four, the extra floor that pops out and provides extra protection can be shaded too if positioned against the sun’s rays correctly. This shade tent is a bit more than most, but worth it with the extra SPF protection that is built in. the extra rugged construction makes this perfect for windier days, too.
6. Rio Beach Portable Sun Shelter
Super inexpensive, this little shade tent does wonders with its white interior. Reflecting much of the sun’s rays that enter in. Nine foot wide, and a half that in height, the four-foot deep footprint is perfect for those who want to spend time at the beach near the water’s edge or farther back. Large pockets inside store your stuff and the mesh will help keep sand out of your stuff.
- Portable sun shelter provides SPF 50+ sun protection
- Lightweight and aluminized coated frame
- 75 denier polyester fabric
- Have 2 interior pockets and 2 exterior zip mesh windows
- Including carrying bag with shoulder strap
- Dimensions: 9 x 4.5 x 4 feet (WxHxD)
7. Lightspeed Outdoors Seaside Quick Pop Up Sun Shelter Tent
This shade tent looks just like half a tent. If you want absolute basic protection, this is t he shades tent for you. Almost 80 inches wide and just under four foot tall and about three and a half foot deep, this tent provides basic shade coverage. Perfect for an afternoon at the beach. Easily set up, and when sand entering becomes a problem, it’s super easy to tip it over and dump the sand back out onto the beach.
8. Push up instant Beach Tent Beach Sunshelter by Genji Sports
Under five pounds, this shade tent can be used overnight if you buy the matching fly. It’s large enough for two people to sleep in, or for four people to sit around in during the day. Excellent travel tent, particularly for backpackers who want more versatility in their tent/shader. Extremely easy to set up, just flip it open and stake it down, which is perfect for road weary hikers and those backpacking around state parks.
9. EasyGoTM Shelter – INSTANT Easy Up Beach Tent Sun Sports Shelter – Sets up in Seconds – 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed by EasyGO
For those who don’t mind turning this shade shack around every once in a while, they’ll get maximum shade protection, with maximum floor space. An extended floor protects those from the grit of sand beyond the roof’s edge. Spacious enough for three beach chairs or five towels, this will work well for larger families wanting to cut down their exposure to the sun. Perfect for babies and toddlers to nap in.
10. Shade Shack Instant Pop Up Family Beach Tent and Sun Shelter by Demco Incorporated
90 inches wide and slightly over 4 foot tall and 4 foot deep from front to back, this shade best beach tents are good for those who don’t expect to have their young children sleep inside. It would be better for kids who want to play in the sand instead, as there is no floor. While most people would want a floor to keep sand out, this might be perfect for those parents who have kids who are very active and want to keep playing.