Popcorn is a timeless snack and loved by all. Popcorn can be enjoyed by people of all ages and you need no occasion to munch on this healthy snack. Popcorn can be easily made at home by popcorn poppers. With this, you can make your favorite snack anytime; whether for a laid back movie day at home or friends coming over. The use of these popcorn poppers is a healthier option unlike the chemicals filled microwavable popcorn bags. They come in simple and easy to use type to theater style popcorn poppers. They are many brands, styles, and designs to choose the best one that fits your need.
List of 10 Best Popcorn Poppers in 2017 (Popcorn Makers)
We bring to you the top 10 popcorn poppers in 2017, just right for your home. These poppers are reviewed for your ease. Apart from keeping them on your kitchen counter for a go-to snack, they make great gifts for friends and family.
1. Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper
This Presto 04820 PopLite Hot Air Popper is a simple and easy to use. It pops faster than a microwave- up to 18 cups of gourmet corn in less than two and half minutes. It can be used for regular or gourmet popcorn and helps save up to 70-percent used for microwave bags. It can pop without oil as the device uses hot air, though using butter or margarine is optional. Thus, it has about 42-percent fewer calories than popcorn from microwave bag ones with no artificial flavors, saturated fats, preservatives, or added salt.
Another alternative is available for the same brand Presto 04821 Orville Redenbacher’s Hot Air Popper.
- Convenient and light
- Easy to use and clean
- No on-off button, plugging in or out is the only option
- Butter melting part is not as good as the popper
- Some customers complained of heating but works fine.
2. West Bend 82505 Stir Crazy Popcorn Popper, 6-Quart
The Stir Crazy No.82505, 6-Quart Popcorn Popper from West Bend is one of the most popular popcorn poppers. The device measures 13″ W x 10″ L x 10″ H. It is made up of durable and BPA free plastic housing. It uses a triple-layer heating plate that insulates the body well enough to pop up to 6.75-quarts of popcorn in about 4 minutes. The clear cover allows you to see the popcorn pop which also converts into a family-sized serving bowl.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean and top-rack dishwasher safe
- Compact and hassle-free storage
- Short wire length
- No on-off switch
- Overheating of plates may result in burning your popcorn
3. Wabash Valley Farms Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
This Wabash valley Farm Whirley-Pop popcorn popper is a simple stove-top popcorn popper just right for any household that loves popcorn. It has no electric wires or switches, just put your kernels into the popper and straight on the stove. It consists of the stainless stirring system that keeps the corn moving across the bottom of the pan, for even heat and oil distribution. It also has a lid with steam vents to keep popcorn crisp and fresh.
- Removable lid and easy to clean
- Easy to use and handle
- Well designed and sturdy
- Maintaining temperature is important to prevent burning of kernels
- Plastic gears that may wear easily
- Requires manual stirring
4. TWOBIU Popcorn Machine, Popcorn Maker, Hot Air Popcorn Popper with FDA Approved
The TWOBIU popper is 100% oil-free popcorn maker that uses hot air to pop your corn kernels. Within few minutes you can indulge in the healthiest snack at home. It is capable of giving you 16 cups of this crispy goodness within 3 minutes. Since it does not use any oil, cleaning becomes very easy task. The popping chamber is made of food-grade Aluminum Alloy, which is free from any harmful chemicals. It is durable enough to resist scratches and everyday bumps. Apart from this, it comes with a 12 months warranty.
- Easy to operate
- Easy to clean
- On/off switch present
- Small capacity
- Some customers complained of un-popped kernels
- Can be a bit noisy
5. Great Northern Popcorn Red Matinee Movie Theater Style 8 oz. Ounce Antique Popcorn Machine
The Great Northern Popcorn machine is a theater style popcorn popper with an antique look. It is meant for large capacity or commercial use. The antique look takes you back to the old theater or games evoking nostalgia. It is perfect for someone who likes the old theatre-style popper at their house or any other organizations like clubs, offices, shops and much more. It consists of a three-position control switch operating at 640-watt. All the glasses used are tempered and has a reject tray as well.
- Easy to assemble the product
- Easy to operate
- Makes good popcorn
- Can be difficult to clean the kettle with the flaps
- Getting the pot out and back can be challenge
- The heating element under the inside tray has a plastic cover
6. West Bend 82306 Stir Crazy 6-Quart Electric Popcorn Popper
This is West Bend’s another Popcorn Popper that makes popping popcorn easy and simple for you. With improved design by adding motorized stirring rod, it ensures that no kernel is left. In just five minutes you can get about 6-quarts of the perfectly popped popcorn for your movie night at home or guests. It has non-stick coating on the popping surface with heat resist and base and handles. The bowl on top can be used as serving bowl as well.
- Easy to use with on/off switch
- Easy to clean
- Plastic cover can be used as serving bowl
- The popcorn may burn if plate is heated too much
- Not large
- Not dishwasher safe
7. Great Northern Popcorn Original Stainless Steel Stove Top 6-1/2-Quart Popcorn Popper
This Great Northern Popcorn Original Stainless Steel Stove Top 6-1/2-Quart Popcorn Popper is one of the most popular and easy to use stove popper. This stove popper makes the daunting task of popping popcorn on the stove with normal utensils convenient and require no hard labor. It is made up of stainless steel with precision metal gears and wooden safety handles.
- Easy to operate
- The gears on top are steel, not plastic and can withstand hard cranking.
- Very simple to clean
- Gears can get a little tricky
- It can be quite difficult to turn the handle
- Paddles don’t reach the bottom of the pan
8. Nostalgia KPM200CART 45-Inch Tall Vintage Collection 2.5-Ounce 10-Cup Kettle Popcorn Cart
This popcorn popper is another antique popper for those who like the 1900s charm of silent movies and carnivals. Nostalgia KPM200CART 45-Inch Tall Vintage Collection 2.5-Ounce Kettle Popcorn Cart pops up to 10 cups per batch. This popcorn popper is well suited for anyone who wants to adorn their house with such vintage pieces.
- Well constructed and comes with wrenches and screwdrivers
- Excellent buy
- Vintage look
- Fragile and small
- Not worth the price
- Instructions not well given
9. Hamilton Beach 73400 Hot Air Popcorn Popper
Hamilton Beach 73400 Hot Air Popper is another great option for popcorn poppers for home. It makes hot and crispy popcorn in just a few minutes. It can make 16 cups per batch that can straight away land into your serving bowls. Since they use the hot air, it is absolutely free of any fats and great for the health conscious ones.
- Easy to operate
- Very little to clean up and easy to do so
- Fairly good size
- No switch on/off button
- Loud in operation
- Some kernels are not popped
10. Great Northern Popcorn 6097 8 OZ Foundation Red Full Antique Style Popcorn Popper Machine Complete with Cart and 8-Ounce Kettle
This antique style popcorn popper machine from Great Northern is one of a kind. It is made up of stainless steel food-zones and kettle, warming deck, drawers and tempered glass panels. With three switch design and rich red color, this is a piece for someone looking for theater style poppers. It will not only make a great decorating piece for your home but a wonderful snack provider. So whether it is a sleepover or a party you can flaunt your popcorn popper.
- Well constructed
- Easy to use
- Stainless steel for food zones
- Not good instruction manual
- Customers say tires are not so good
- Difficult to clean