What should be the best longboard for beginner?
Well, before moving on to answering this question, one should realize that longboarding is not just about riding and get it advance forward. It could be very complicated and very hard for a beginner to grab the basic skills to ride it. With just a simple slide or miss, you can easily have some bruises on your ankle, knee, or elbow.
Therefore, it is highly recommended to have protective gears, which could be easily found anywhere, if you are a longboard beginner. However, the point in this article is not about the protective gears. Instead, we aim at providing you some information to picking up the best beginner longboard and
However, the point in this article is not about the protective gears. Instead, we aim at providing you some information to picking up the best beginner longboard and off road skateboards that fit you most.
With all the basic knowledge of a longboard and off-road skateboards, let us now go through detailed reviews of the best longboard for a beginner in this year 2018 from Amazon site:
10. Atom Pintail Best Longboard for Beginner
Let’s start with the 10th standard among the best beginner’s longboards. This Atom board finds itself very common among entry-level enthusiasts with a classic pintail deck made of stiff maple laminate which is just right for a beginner who loves a cruising ride. This pintail shape also assures a no-wheel-bite even during a hard drive or drifting. The wheels are made of urethane at the size of 65mm which is good for an early speedster. The board also comes with intermediate-range quality bearings at the rating of ABEC 5 mounted onto the 8.5-inch aluminum trucks. With all these basic qualities, the longboard is a very nice startup tool to cruise around the town with ease. Adding on top of the qualities, it also has a very nice eye-catching design at the bottom of the deck. Here are some other specifications you may find them helpful:
- Total weight of 7.3 pounds
- Polycarbonate hubs
- 22-millimeter bearings
- Roomy board deck
- Grip tape
9. YOCAHER New Complete Longboard
Here we have the fine longboard from YOCAHER! Compared to other boards, this one is quite at a reasonable price with less complication of setting up.
To put it into simple words, the board is completely ready to ride the very moment you unbox it. Any starter would say this is one of the best longboards a beginner wish to start with and the point they love about it is the roomy 40 inch deck that leaves you a sturdier and less bouncy riding experience.
The wheels are a bit bigger at the size of 71 millimeters that you may need a bit of effort in kicking it to speed. However, this is the perfect one when you are going downhill at high speed. The trucks are made from durable shiny aluminum alloy with a 7” hanger.
The bearings are at the rating of ABEC 5. Another fascinating point of this beginner longboard is that it comes with an array of colors and design. You can pick from 16 various colors and pictures on the bottom of the deck.
More specifications and qualities:
- Very economical price for beginners
- Total weight of 7.5 pounds
- Easy assembly
- Kicktail board
- Plenty room for foot
- Great board for cruising around the town
8. White Wave Bamboo Best Beginner Longboard
Standing on the 8th of the outstanding longboard, we would like to present the famous White Wave bamboo longboard. As a matter of fact, this is one of the top quality longboards and even advanced riders are using one of these. However, this does not mean that it is not for beginners.
You can always make a jumpstart in your longboarding and begin with the high-quality tool. The reason this board is also popular for beginners is that it has a very large deck surface which grants a sturdy riding experience not to mention the fact that the board material is made of multiple layers of bamboo in combination with Canadian maple, which is the top-grade material for longboard, known to be more durable and comfortable if compared to other types of materials, except the carbon fiber.
The only thing about this board that you may hesitate is that it is a bit costly. I would highly recommend this one if you are looking for a high-quality starter.
Here are some other specifications and qualities:
- 200 mm Aluminum trucks
- 75 mm high rebound wheels
- Top quality Hellion bearing at the rating of ABEC 9
7. Atom Drop-through 40 Inches Best Longboard for Beginner
This is another product from Atom, and here we are looking at the 40-inch drop-through deck longboard. This is a dream board for most beginners with the blade made of thin layers of bamboos and maple with a sickening heat transferred graphic into the board.
This is a very high quality and durable deck that enriches the riding experience with smoothness and comfort in whatever condition you are riding. The 70 mm diameter wheels, equipped with the Atom AREA technology, allows you to roll at a very high speed with more control and stability supported by the top quality ABEC 9 high-speed bearing.
These are all the superior quality one you could ask for.
More specifications and quality could be found below:
- Hybrid deck
- Big wheels (70 x 51 mm)
- Rough grip tape that assures tight grip to the deck without slippery
6. SCSK8 Natural Blank & Stained Assembled Complete Longboard Skateboard
This longboard is very popular among the beginners, and one of the reasons putting it up top on the review list is the affordability, yet with very high-quality specifications. Most of its owners said it is the best product for its price, and it worth every single penny of a rider experience.
It has a standard pintail deck that is the easiest type for a newbie. It seems like you will start rowing in just a few minutes on this board. The deck is made of durable maple which is the most common material for the board composition. The outstanding point about the board is the very high-speed ABEC 9 bearing that most of other board at this price rate could never offer.
Here are some other qualities you may find them helpful:
- 7-inch aluminum truck
- High-speed rolling
- Support up to 220 pounds of weight
5. Atom Drop Deck Longboard
Here we are at halfway of the review and the product coming in the row is the beginner longboard from Atom again. People are in love with this board for the drop deck that provides a very low riding experience while maintaining the maximum level of stability.
Beginners who love down-hilling and around-the-town cruising would definitely grab this one. Supporting these riding style, the board comes with high rebound urethane wheels with the dimension of 70 by 51 millimeters.
The bearings are already at a professional grade of ABEC 9 which grants you the smooth and high-speed ride.
- 41-inches maple laminate deck
- One-year warranty on any technical defects
- No setup: ready to ride once unpacked
- No wheel bite
4. Rimable Drop-through Best Longboard for Beginner
Look at this board from Rimable! The design is so eye-catching that fits mostly any age. You can pick from a variety of five different colors and pictures. Adding on top of the design is the 41-inch drop-through deck made of full maple laminate, coming along with 7-inch aluminum truck mounted to the deck.
The deck and truck are very durable and they grant the rider a very stiff and stable riding experience, and that is one of the reasons why the board is highly recommended for an enthusiastic beginner in longboarding.
The awesome part of the longboard is the speed provided by a top-quality bearing at the grade of ABEC 11 in combination with the wide urethane wheels.
Some other qualities and specifications could be found below:
- Free-rider shape deck
- Very high speed that suits down-hilling and cruising
- Zero wheel bite
- Ready-to-ride in the box
3. Yocaher Professional Speed Drop Down Stained Complete Longboard
Third, on the list, we have the longboard from Yocaher. This is an ideal board designed for a professional longboard rider, yet still one of the perfect boards for a beginner. If you are an enthusiastic starter who loves rolling at high speed or a kicker around the town, this board serves your purpose just exactly well.
From an experienced user, it can handle the speed between 35-60 mph without any wobble. The sturdiness and stability are commendable. For even higher speed, you may consider the option to replace the bearings.
But for a beginner level, the stock bearings will do just fine for your ride.
- 22 Available colors
- Heavy duty aluminum trucks with 180mm hanger
- Chrome bearings at ABEC 7 rating
- Drop-down deck from maple material
2. Atom Drop-Through Longboard
This Atom longboard is another top stander and it is well-known for the sleek green look on the design with an amazing sturdy riding experience.
This is a drop-through deck that provides an extra down to the earth cruising and the balance is beyond compare, and a beginner would find their first ridings very easy. Both the deck and the trucks are very strong and it has no problem bouncing.
The entire board is also very responsive to turns, cuts, and other riding styles. The stupendous part of this board is that it can roll at very high speed serving the purpose of cruising and downhill.
This is an all-in-one board with high control, stability, and speed.
Below are some other features to inform your decision:
- 41-inch full maple laminate deck
- No wheel bite
- 70 x 51 mm urethane wheels
- ABEC 9 bearings
1. Quest Skateboards Super Cruiser Longboard Skateboard
This is the bestseller among other longboards in the market. You will never regret getting on this lovely board or having it as a beginner mate. The quality of the board deserves its popularity since it is very durable and it is providing a very satisfying riding experience.
At an affordable price, the board material is second to none as it comprises of the combination of laminated maple and professional-quality artisan bamboo piles. This makes the deck very light and durable through wrecks and falls.
The sturdiness and controls are supported by the rugged aluminum trucks with large polyurethane wheels at 70mm diameter.
This Best Longboard for Beginner is a super-cruiser for the enthusiastic speedster.
- 44-inch artisan bamboo deck
- Very affordable yet high quality
Buyer’s Guide to Finding Off Road Skateboards and the Best Longboard for Beginner
To begin with, when you come to pick your first riding board, at least you need to know your riding nature and the type of board that matches your style. Longboard comes with various shape and size, each of which has a specific feature for some types of riding style. Here are some of the many shapes and size for your information.
Longboard comes with various shape and size, each of which has a specific feature for some types of riding style.
Here are some of the many shapes and size for your information.
- Pintail: The uniqueness of a pintail is the prevention of wheels to come in contact with the board while the board itself is very roomy for your feet. The pintails are made for speedster which suits for cruising riding type.
- Drop-through: This type of board has a cutout in the deck that allows wheels to stand out from the board. The lower deck also provides more control for the rider. This is more common when you are a downhill type of rider. These are also fit for freestyle rider.
- Cruiser: This is the most common deck for a longboard with the truck mounted higher for maximum speed.
Once you are aware of your riding style and board, let’s take a look at some quality of a longboard for beginners and off-road skateboards. Every single part of a longboard contributes to the riding experience, but most commonly reviewed items are the board construction, trucks, wheels, and bearings.
- Board construction: the materials from which a board is made define your riding experience, longboard durability, and cost. The most commonly available board are made from multiple layers of wood glued and pressed together into a shape. These are normally inexpensive, yet quite heavy, hard to maneuver, and less durable. An intermediate grade board structure is made from bamboo laminates in combination with fiberglass. This makes the board less heavy with an improved flexibility, yet a bit more expensive than the traditional longboard. The most expensive and durable of them all is the board made from carbon fiber in conjunction with other strong, lightweight materials. This type of longboard is the lightest and support maximum flexibility and control. The only thing is that it is going to cost you much to own that type of longboard.
- Trucks: These are the things attached to your board and they hold the wheels on deck. Each of the trucks has a pivoting axle that helps you maneuver the longboard. Better quality trucks use fine materials in its construction which make it lighter and more durable. The cost also varies by materials from which it is produced.
- Wheels are determinants of your riding experience. You may need various types and sizes of wheels for different riding type. Smaller wheels have a fast acceleration but slower on the max rolling speed and vice versa for the bigger wheels. Typically, the wheel size ranges from 65 to 107 millimeters or 2.6 to 4.2 inches in diameter. Normally, wheels are made from urethane.
- Bearings are things keeping your wheel rolling and they are made from steel, titanium, or ceramics. The ceramic ones are at highest cost but very durable as well. Bearings are rated in ABEC or 1-9 scale. The higher the number the higher the quality and durability.
All in all, these are the most popular and outstanding longboards for beginners each has its own unique specs and qualities. All you need to do is to get the one matches with most, if not all, of your riding style. Your entire riding experience depends on your first board and it is going to shape your riding styles too. Therefore, pick wise and give it a go.